ASPF is looking to add energetic new staff to join our On-call relief staff (must be available for flexible hours, days, overnight and weekends, as needed).
The mission of Auberge Shalom pour femmes is to provide a safe shelter, counselling, and advocacy support for the full diversity of women and children affected by conjugal violence, as well as to break the cycle of intimate partner violence through education, prevention and advocacy. Auberge Shalom pour femmes has a special mandate to serve women from the Jewish community.
The organization operates from two separate sites. One site runs a 12-bed shelter and the other site is an external counselling office that also offers a Supporting Resilience Program. Both sites offer a range of services to address the needs of women and children affected by intimate partner abuse.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– To provide frontline services to Centre clients which include telephone intake, telephone support services and referrals and crisis intervention as needed
– To ensure the shelter runs smoothly during the shift
– To participate in Full Staff meetings every 10-12 weeks
– To work as part of a diverse team using a trauma-informed approach
– AEC, DEC or bachelor degree in Social Work or a related field or experience
– Bilingual in English and French
– Knowledgeable about conjugal violence and women’s issues
– Experience working with cultural sensitivity
– Flexibility and ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure
– Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
– Work experience in related field
– Understanding of the Jewish community and its customs
– Ability to communicate in a third language
– Educational background in women’s studies or related field
– According to the employee’s availability and needs of the organization
– Auberge Shalom guarantees 1 shift per months
– Start date: As soon as possible
– Starting Salary: $22.16/ Daytime hours and $18.36 / Night hours;
-Emergency back-up (day & overnights & weekends) – flat rate of $20 for reserving a specific emergency backup time slot.
OUR UNIQUE CULTURE
Auberge Shalom is a special, highly inclusive work environment that values the role each employee plays in supporting our critical mission to break the cycle of intimate partner violence. Through both individual and group supervision driven by our supportive and learning- focused environment, coupled by our professional development/training opportunities, we strive for each employee to reach their full potential.
We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness, and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values strong work ethics, diversity and respect for all.
Please send a cover Letter and current CV addressing how you meet the necessary qualifications and outlining why you want to work for ASPF to email@example.com. Please put “On-call/Relief worker” in the subject line of the email.
Auberge Shalom pour femmes is committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve and thus strongly encourages people from our diverse communities and people who experience marginalization to self-identify in their cover letter.