Philanthropic Foundations of Canada is looking to fill the position of Operations Coordinator in the Montreal head office.
Are you interested in the world of organized philanthropy and the value and role of foundations in creating thriving communities across the country?
Do you love organizing networking events, paying attention to every detail because you want ensure participants have a memorable experience? Are you a numbers person?
And finally, do you like to be the glue, the go-to person that makes everything run smoothly?
If this describes you, join a dynamic team that is inspiring and mobilizing philanthropic action from Canada’s top foundations. PFC is a network that engages its members in collaboration, learning and sharing by providing the resources to support their work.
We are looking for a professional, organized and energetic person with some prior experience and a proven track record to manage our day-to-day office tasks.
What to expect:
- Coordinate all day-to-day bookkeeping including coding and posting receivables and payables, depositing cheques, expense management, payroll administration;
- Liaise with the outsource accountant who is the primary source for bank and credit card reconciliation, trial balance, completion of financial reports and internal review of bookkeeping processes
- Provide logistical support to PFC programs and events including logistics for webinars, lunches, conferences and symposia and for printing publications
- Manage daily membership database updates
- Coordinate with IT support provider.
- Ensure effective coordination of office logistics and administration
- Post-secondary education is required
- Experience with QuickBooks is required and familiarity with Salesforce is an asset
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience focusing on bookkeeping and operations support
- Fluency in both English and French is required
What you bring:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- You are a positive person and has strong interpersonal skills
- You keep thorough records and maintain a clear and organized filing system
- You are detail-oriented and thorough when completing tasks
- You are able to juggle multiple tasks and projects while meeting all deadlines
- You can work independently but you are also a strong team player
- You demonstrate good judgment and effective decision-making skills
Please submit your resume and a cover letter (both in French and in English). Apply to email@example.com by Friday May 18, at 5 pm.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in the position in both English and in French.
No phone calls please. Please note that only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Philanthropic Foundations Canada.