PLURI is an non-for-profit organisation which aims to reduce harassment and improve the inclusivity of party spaces. One of our services include on-site intervention, where an outreach worker performs necessary interventions to reduce harassment in collaboration with staff and security, who in addition will manage PLURI volunteers at larger events.
The tasks include:
– Informing people on our services and mission, sensitizing them to harassment in party spaces as well as to more inclusive party practices and giving them cues on bystander intervention.
– Most importantly, performing more in depth interventions with people that are in a state of crisis or require a longer intervention. These interventions may include suicide prevention, assisting someone who has been drugged against their will, assisting someone who is in a crisis, helping someone intoxicated to get home safely, checking in with people who seem to be harassed and opening a conversation with an individual making others uncomfortable at events, dialoguing with security if any individuals need to be removed from an event, or any other intervention required.
We need to fill 1 position for our contract with the nightclub Datcha. Shifts go from midnight to 3:30 am and go from Wednesday to Saturday night, and you are the only PLURI worker on-site. The position requires to take 8 shifts per month. The schedule is very flexible. The position begins as of October and has a 1 month trial period.
– Experience with party spaces (as an employee, an organiser, an artist or simply as a party-goer)
– Must speak very good English and French
– A deep understanding of anti-oppressive practices and intersectional approach to feminism, anti-racism, LGBTQIA2S+ activism and other oppressions that is aligned with our mandate.
– Work experience or post-secondary studies (completed or in progress) in fields related to intervention, either psychology, sexology, social work, psychoeducation or anything similar.
– Any of the following qualifications will strengthen your application: suicide prevention intervention, RCR and First Aid, drug-related harm reduction, naloxone.
– Capacity to work night shifts
– Capacity to handle pressure and face crisis situations with calm
– Patience, diplomacy, and a strong interest for education
PLURI has an employment equity policy, according to which they will priorise black, indigenous and racialized folks, members of the LGBTQIA2S+ community as well as female candidates, if they qualify. That means that if 2 equally qualified candidates apply, we will priorise candidates from one of these groups. Please indicate clearly that you would like to be priorised according to our employment equity policy in your cover letter.
You can send us your resume and cover letter at plurinitiative(at)gmail.com before midnight on Sunday September 29th. Interviews will take place on Wednesday, October 2nd, between 6 and 10 pm. Trainings will take place on Friday, October 4th, from 2 to 5 pm, and from midnight to 3:30 am.