Hear Entendre Québec is the only registered nonprofit organization in Quebec, which serves Anglophones affected by hearing loss. Hear Entendre Québec has been providing ongoing programs, services and support to the hard of hearing community in and around the greater Montreal area since 1979. Many of our team and board members are people affected by hearing loss. We understand and are concerned with the struggles and the difficulties that people with hearing difficulties often experience in their daily lives.
Hear Entendre Québec’s mandate is not only to offer ongoing programs and services but also to connect and inspire those affected by hearing loss, thereby helping to improve the quality of life and counter isolation. The various programs help to raise awareness about the potential consequences of hearing loss, such as isolation, depression, anger, and dementia, to name a few. As a largely “invisible “ disability, there are many “myths” and misconceptions about hearing loss. Our vision is a community where we can hear, be heard and thrive.
In this position, the Program Animator will work under the supervision of the Program Coordinator.
- College-level or University student in the CRLT, Social Service, or Special Care Counseling, therapeutic recreational programs or fields of study is an asset.
- Bilingualism is mandatory.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- The ability to demonstrate analytical thinking, problem solving, organization and communication skills.
- Possess strong behavioral management skills and is skilled in group management.
- Must have access to a vehicle
- Animation – facilitation skills
- To communicate in both official languages
- Proven organizational and time-management capabilities with the ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to take initiative, establish deadlines and priorities.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Development, implement and animate activities related to our programs.
- Implement, manage, and support aspects of the program
- Assist in creating impact evaluations, planning tools and analyze data to write reports with recommendations.
- Collaborate with partners and the community to build relationships.
- Attend community tables, fairs, community events, develop communication tools to promote the organization
- Start date: Immediate until March 31st (with the potential renewal for 2020-2021 year)
- Number of hours per week: Part-time, 15-20 hours a week (with the possibility of it becoming full time)
- Hourly wage rate : Starting at $15/hour (determined on experience)
Applicants for this position who are hard of hearing will be given priority. Please apply online on our website or submit your bilingual CV and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter please tell us why, based on your own experiences and competencies, you are the ideal candidate for this position.