** Please note that (1) The Yellow Door office is mostly closed until at least September for the safety of staff and community members, therefore most tasks can and will be done remotely and (2) the length of the position is flexible – either 30 hours/week for 8 weeks or 15 hours/week for 18 weeks depending on the applicants availability.**
The Yellow Door is an intergenerational organization running programs and
activities to bring youth and the elderly together in the promotion of mental and
physical health and the prevention of urban social isolation amongst all ages.
Under the supervision of the Generations Coordinator and Activities Coordinator the
Program Intern will be responsible for assisting with certain aspects of both the Yellow
Door’s Generations program and Wellness Group program, including, but not limited
• Processing and assessing member referrals.
• Contacting prospective members and evaluating their needs.
• Coordinating the program’s current services: friendly calls; check-in calls; tech
help calls; and friendly errands
• Referring members and informing volunteers of the appropriate community
resources, when necessary.
• Screening, orienting and training of volunteers.
• Developing and/or maintaining links with other health and social service
agencies, especially those who have altered their services during the COVID-19
• Maintaining an up-to-date and functional volunteer and member database.
Wellness Group Program
• Coordination of online community activities, as needed, including knitting, art,
yoga, book club, film club, community hour, etc
• Contacting participants about upcoming activities
• Assisting with outreach and communications
• Providing support for volunteers
• CEGEP diploma or an undergraduate degree in a related discipline, eg.
gerontology, social services, etc,
• Experience in volunteer management or managerial experience, an asset
• Experience working with seniors and/or outreach services for vulnerable
populations, an asset
• Fluent spoken and written French and English is essential.
• Fluent understanding of the Windows environment and MS Office software eg
Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publishing is required.
The candidate must meet the requirements of the Canada
Summer Jobs Intern program*:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee
protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection
Act for the duration of the employment; and,
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally
entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial
legislation and regulations.
salary of $13.10/hour
How to apply: Please send a short (1 page) cover letter and resume to ROCIO
BARRENO email@example.com before June 8th. Applications without
cover letters will not be considered.