Available Opportunity – Program Manager
CHIP (Communicaid for Hearing Impaired Persons) is a non-profit registered charity serving the anglophone community affected by hearing loss in and around Montreal. This community-based organization was built through the efforts of countless volunteers working thousands of hours over the last 35+ years.
Many of our team and board members are people affected by hearing loss. We understand and are concerned with the struggles and the difficulties that people with hearing issues often experience in their daily lives. We offer several programs and services to our members
Our organization currently has a full-time Program Manager opportunity available.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, CRLT, Program Development, or other relevant fields, or 4 years of experience in a relevant field
- Experience in community recreation and building
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Project Management and/or Program Management with a social or community focus
- Bilingualism is mandatory. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven organizational and time-management capabilities
- Detail oriented with the ability to take initiative to establish priorities, plan ahead and meet deadlines
- Creative problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Professionalism, diplomacy and the ability to use sound judgement and discretion
- Experience in the use of the G Suite and Google apps
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Manager’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement, manage and support all aspects of CHIP’s Programs and Services
- Create impact evaluation planning tools and analyze data to write end of year reports with recommendations
- Hire, supervise, support and manage volunteers and program contractual staff
- Manage the programs budget and supplies
- Coordinate special activities and events with the Executive Director
- Collaborate with partners and the community to build relationships and raise CHIP’s profile
To apply, please forward your CV and letter of interest to Heidy Wager at email@example.com or by mail to:
7000 Sherbrooke Street West,
Montreal QC H4B 1R3.
Deadline to apply: June 26, 2018
Interviews will start: As soon as possible
Start date: July 2, 2018
Priority for this position will be given to hard of hearing applicants. CHIP is committed to accommodating the accessibility needs of applicants throughout the recruitment process, and queries can be directed to the CHIP office at 514-488-5552 Ext. 6440.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
You may visit our website for more information at www.hearhear.org