Founded in 1995, YES (Youth Employment Services Foundation), a non-profit community-based organization dedicated to enriching the community by providing English-language support services to help Quebecers find employment and start and grow businesses, is looking to hire.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, flexible, energetic, responsible, organized, and reliable and want to put their communication, business development and coordination skills to work to further develop the organization’s mission.
The Provincial Employment Roundtable Coordinator will support the management team and play a key role in the planning, execution and implementation of an employability network through outreach and partnership development. The network will be incorporated as an independent organization.
(The Coordinator will have the opportunity to earn the position of director of the new organization.)
The Coordinator will work closely with the management team and volunteer committees to:
- Assist and provide all necessary support in establishing and operationalizing a network organization composed of a broad spectrum of organizational and institutional players involved in employability for English-speakers in Quebec
- Prepare a five-year action plan aimed at reducing the employment deficit exhibited by English-speaking Quebecers and reducing the number of English-speaking post-secondary graduates who leave the province to seek employment elsewhere
- Coordinate and organize an employability conference bringing together different community and institutional organizations
- Engage in best practices and provide staffing throughout the project’s life-cycle ensuring sustainability
- Develop and maintain program statistics and complete all government reporting for the project
- Help develop a variety of government briefs
- Synthesize and organize relevant research
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, business development, community development, or program management
- A minimum of 3-5 years of working experience in public affairs, communications, corporate partnerships, business development, corporate social responsibility or program management
- Prior experience with community partnerships ideally in the non-profit sector
- Program management skills and ability to manage networks, partnerships and volunteers
- Knowledge of non-profit management and set-up
- Knowledge of the employment sector in Quebec an asset
- Ability to cultivate and manage relationships
- Demonstrated experience in event planning
- Excellent writing ,research and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with all stakeholders
- Excellent oral communication skills in both official languages
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience in facilitation of small groups, able to work with a variety of different people/stakeholders
- Autonomous, highly organized and able to multitask, manage competing priorities and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Strong administrative skills and must possess solid knowledge of MS Office.
- Must be available to work occasional evenings for pre-scheduled events
Send your cover letter and résumé To Director of Personnel at email@example.com by March 23rd at 5:00 pm. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. YES is committed to equal opportunity employment.