About CHIP (Communicaid for Hearing Impaired Persons)
CHIP is the only non-profit charity serving the anglophone community affected by hearing loss in Montreal for over 35 years. Our mission is to provide continuing programs, services and support to people affected by hearing loss. Our vision is a community where we can hear, be heard and thrive.
Job Type: Contract, Summer Job
Schedule: 9 AM to 5 PM from Monday to Friday, total of 35 hours per week
Location: 7000 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal, QC H4B 1R3, Canada
Salary: $13.00 /hour
Job start date: July 1st, 2019
Phone number: (514) 488-5552 Ext:4500
- Developing a rating system for assessing locations in the Montreal area for their accessibility to the hard of hearing and people requiring other accommodations (e.g. wheelchair access).
- Travelling around Montreal and surrounding areas to evaluate businesses and services for accessibility
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated in a post secondary program
- Fluent English (written and spoken), at ease conversing in French
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Eligible for Canada Summer Jobs (Canadian citizen or permanent resident age 30 or under)
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Background in survey development and data entry
- Experience with people with disabilities, specifically hearing loss
- Experience with non-profit organizations
Please submit your CV in English and a cover letter or paragraph of introduction explaining how you meet the requirements and assets for this job to email@example.com by May 14th. Applicants who do not follow these instructions will not be considered.