Sales and Outreach Assistant Coordinator for Ça pousse!
6-month contract with possibility of renewal
About the Depot Community Food Centre:
Founded in 1986, the Depot Community Food Centre, formerly the NDG Food Depot, is a community-based non-profit organization that works collaboratively with its community to address the root causes of hunger and poverty in Montreal in a manner that ensures dignity, community engagement and the development of human potential.
About Ça pousse!:
Ça pousse! is a social economy program of the Depot Community Food Centre developed to meet the growing demands for urban agriculture in Montreal. We build and maintain garden spaces and provide horticultural support and gardening activities to various institutions- from schools to health facilities to seniors’ residences and community organizations- and assist them in the development their own urban agriculture projects. For more information on our projects please visit our website: www.capousse.com.
About the Assistant Coordinator Position:
As part of the rapid expansion of our activities, we are currently looking for an assistant coordinator to help us with business development and outreach for Ça pousse!. The selected candidate will be responsible for finding new clients / contracts for Ça pousse! and to solicit clients and develop our presence in new markets and other territories. In addition, the Sales and Outreach Assistant Coordinator will be in charge of strengthening our communication tools, our website, our social networks, our presence in the media and more generally our image and will contribute to the management and budget monitoring of the project.
Description of Tasks:
• Contribute to the development and execution of a comprehensive business and growth strategy for Ça pousse!;
• Develop the Ça pousse! reputation within educational, residential and medical institutions;
• Expand the Ça pousse! client base within existing markets;
• Develop a promotional strategy for new markets;
• Manage website and all social media for Ça pousse!;
• Attend trade fairs and other networking activities;
• Assist with the financial and administrative coordination of the project;
• Support the Ça pousse! manager with fundraising and report writing.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Professional experience in sales / communication / entrepreneurship / business development / marketing;
• Familiarity with social entrepreneurship an asset;
• Basic knowledge of financial management;
• Interest in urban agriculture, education and the environment;
• Excellent written and verbal communications in French and English (fluency in both);
• Experience with communication tools (website, social media);
• Experience with In Design and/or Illustrator an asset;
• Experience working with sales teams an asset;
• Interest in photo/video an asset;
• Full time (35h/week)
• From September 17, 2018 – March 17th, 2019 (6 months with the possibility of renewal)
• The Coordinator will be entitled to vacation pay (4%), sick leave and personal days during the term of the contract
Questions about the jobs or the application process?
Please contact Bonnie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-483-4680 x200
Please drop off or email a cover letter and your CV in a single document labelled NAME_Ça_pousse_Sales, to Marguerite Kinfack at email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is Friday, September 7th, 2018 at 5pm.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
TIPS FOR APPLYING! In your cover letter, we want to hear:
● Who you are and what your background is. The Depot Community Food Centre is committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve and thus strongly encourages applicants from our diverse communities and people who experience marginalization to self-identify in their cover letter.
● What you like about the Depot and why you want to do this job in particular. We want to make sure you understand our mission and our values. Tell us why you think this job is interesting and important.
● What your experience is. Have you worked in similar jobs or have you volunteered in similar programs before? Tell us what skills that you gained and how your experience would help you in this job. If there’s experience you don’t have, be honest and tell us how you hope to grow and learn.
● Be yourself! We want to hear your voice