SPECIAL EVENTS AND FUNDRAISING ASSISTANT
Type of Position: 6 month full-time contract
Schedule: 40 hours/week
Hourly Salary: $11.75/hour
About the Position
This position will support with fundraising within Head & Hands, starting with the annual HIV/AIDS fundraiser, which involves motivating a group to fundraise, and creating content. This position will also include event planning, fundraising research, working on database management, writing small grant applications.
This position must be able to network with Montreal businesses for event sponsorships, effectively assist in event promotion, and be able to plan motivate our team to actively participate in fundraising efforts leading up the HIV/AIDS event. Following the HIV/AIDS fundraiser, this position will continue to support fundraising at Head & Hands through other avenues, in collaboration with other staff.
- Be eligible for Subvention Salariale with Emploi Quebec
- Bilingual (English/French), both oral and written
- Experience in event planning or community organizing
- Knowledge of Office Suite (ex. Excel, Word), Google Drive
- Active listening skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Commitment to Head & Hands mission and approach
- Experience working in a collaborative team setting
Please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Attn: SEFA hiring committee” in the subject line by 10:00am on August 1st. Applications can also be submitted by fax to (514) 481-2336 or in person at 5833 Sherbrooke West. Guidelines for preparing your CV and cover letter are available on our website. No incomplete or late applications will be accepted.
Director of Fundraising & Development/Directrice du Financement et du Développement
À deux mains/Head & Hands
À Deux Mains / Head & Hands is located on unceded Kanien’kehá:ka territory.
À Deux Mains / Head & Hands est situé sur le territoire traditionnel non cédé Kanien’kehá:ka.