Pathways to Education helps young people graduate from high school and successfully transition into post-secondary education or vocational training. The program addresses systemic barriers to education by providing leadership, expertise, and a community-based program proven to lower dropout rates.
If you are interested in being a part of a dynamic team and developing your skills while taking on the challenge of working for an organization dedicated to building stronger communities, we would love to hear from you!
• Become familiar with the strengths and abilities of students registered in the program
• Establish and maintain positive and cooperative relationships with the registered students, parents/guardians and high school staff.
• Act as a liaison between the school staff, students and parents;
• Prepare written and verbal reports;
• Refer students and parents/guardians to other organizations;
• Gather information about participants and enter it into the program’s database;
• Adhere to YMCA policies and procedures on protecting children and vulnerable adults;
• Understand and integrate the value of philanthropy in his or her position and the Association, and participate in fundraising activities/events.
• Has a college degree in social work, special education, youth and adult correctional intervention, psychoeducation, criminology or another other related field
• Has experience working with children and/or youth
• Has experience working with families (an asset)
• Is proficient in Microsoft Office, and particularly in Word and Excel
• Is able to quickly establish a trusting and respectful relationship with teenagers
• Is able to communicate in French and/or in English (strong verbal skills and excellent writing skills)
• Has no criminal record in connection with employment
Intervention: Establishes positive relationships with youth who have demonstrated problematic behaviour or attitudes.
Leadership: Motivates and inspires oneself and others to take action in achieving the desired outcomes.
Self-management: Works independently with minimal supervision.
Creativity and innovation: Develops new methods or adapts existing ideas to help achieve desired results.
Integrity: Behaves responsibly at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
Problem-solving: Identifies problems and tries to find a solution.
Location: Pointe-Saint-Charles YMCA
Status: Full-time, contractual
Salary: $30,631 – $33,854
Schedule: 35 hours/week
Employment start date: Early-mid August 2018
Please send your CV and cover letter marked CRPE—Pathways to Education.