Camp Animator Job Description
The summer camp animator will be in charge of a group of 8-10 children enrolled in the summer camp at PCP. The animator will be responsible for each participant’s well-being, providing psychosocial support and aid, mentoring and assisting them throughout the camp.
The animator will accompany them throughout the camp activities and will be the resource person to go to in case of emergency or need of counselling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the camp directors in program development for the summer camp
• Provide leadership, direction and supervision to 10 summer camp participants
• Maintain daily attendance throughout the training and camp period.
• Organise and Animate recreational activities weekly (themes, outings, crafts, etc.) for various groups of children from 6-12 years old.
• Accompany and Supervise participants to ensure their safety, positive environment, developmental growth, and skill achievement.
• Work with other camp member to plan and coordinate a proper functioning camp
• Be aware of any dietary/medical needs to ensure general well-being of the camper and their surrounding
• Attend training sessions and regular meetings with mentor
• Keep accurate records, incident reports and report immediately to camp director
• Other duties are assigned throughout the summer (maintain camp cleanliness and proper hygiene, daily tasks, etc.)
Skills and Knowledge:
• Must possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience working with culturally diverse clients.
• High energy / self-starter
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• High school Diploma and currently enrolled in a post-secondary education in a related field
• Must be between 16-30 years of age
• Experience working with children/ animating group activities
• Experience working with under-served communities and working directly with immigrant populations highly preferred
• Strong written and oral skills in English and French
• Bi/multi-lingual, cultural capacity
• Must pass a Criminal Background Check
• Must be certified in CPR/ First aid or willing to complete a training before camp begins.
* Must be available from June 15th to August 14th, 2020*
Salary of 13.10$/h