Position: Counselor for Summer Camp for children aged 5-14 years
Start date: Tuesday, July 2, 2019 (Paid orientation on June 27th and 28th)
Number of positions: 2
Duration: 7 weeks
Hours: 35-40 hrs/week. Camp runs Monday- Friday 9am – 4pm
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Fluent in English & French. Ability to speak a South Asian language is an asset.
- CPR training is an asset (please provide certification documents)
- Swimming certification is an asset
Task and responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the safety and well-being of 15-20 children aged 5 to 14 years old for 5 days a week across 7 weeks, between 9am – 4pm.
- Plan, organize and animate daily indoor and outdoor activities in accordance to summer camp objectives of child empowerment
- In-door activities can include: arts and craft, storytelling, activities, music and dance
- Out-door activities can include: Visiting historical, cultural, and educational places
- Sports and recreation: Swimming, basketball, baseball and soccer and picnics in the park
- Recruit and manage volunteers and parents for indoor and outdoor activities
- Organize information sessions for children on the issues impacting them
- Work collaboratively with, and when needed, to seek support from SAWCC community workers
Please send your CV and a cover page, addressed to the Hiring Committee, by Monday, May 6th by 5PM by email at email@example.com. For further information, please contact: (514) 528-8812 ext. 103.
We recognize that as this is a youth position, we encourage those interested but who do not yet have camp counselor experience to still apply. Relatives of SAWCC staff cannot apply for this position.