Purpose of the Position:
The Kitchen Animator is to oversee the nutrition program at Tyndale St-Georges. The Kitchen Animator will coordinate a team of volunteers to prepare food for various programs and meetings, ensure kitchen guidelines are respected and understood and will be responsible for overseeing the purchasing of food. He/She will report to the Volunteer Department Director.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinate a team of volunteers to prepare food for the programs in the Children, Youth and Family Department as well as for events and meetings;
- Prepare meal plans and ensure nutritious guidelines are met;
- Purchase food for the organization and oversee food collection from Garde Manger;
- Train staff and volunteers on kitchen guidelines and ensure that all guidelines are being met;
- Oversee the use of the kitchen and ensure that all equipment is being used properly;
- Clean up after board meetings and special events.
- Experience in managing volunteers and budget management
- Experience in communityorganizational development
- Experience in kitchen work
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and as part of a collegial team
- Access to a vehicle
- Experience working with computers
- Comfortable in a multicultural setting
28 hours per week; hours should be spread out throughout the working week. Flexibility required for special events and meetings.
Salary based on experience, 6% annual vacation, eligible for participation in benefit and pension plans
Please send your CV, letter of intention and two references to the attention of:
Cristina Flores, Volunteer Department Director
Application deadline: April 8th, 2015
Candidates from the community of Little Burgundy are encouraged to apply.