The Montreal Holocaust Museum educates people of all ages and backgrounds about the Holocaust, while sensitizing the public to the universal perils of antisemitism, racism, hate and indifference through its Museum, its commemorative programs and educational initiatives. The Museum promotes our collective responsibility towards respect for diversity.
The MHM seeks a Virtual Exhibition Production Manager to complete the production and launch an online exhibit about the immigration of Holocaust survivors to Canada, funded through the Virtual Museum of Canada.
Responsibilities include the management of the budget and production schedule, the coordination of the work of suppliers and partners as well as the summative evaluation of the exhibition.
• Managing the budget and the production schedule
• Assuring follow-up with the web developer, the funder and partners
• Managing the content of the exhibit and undertaking additional research as needed. Editing and updating of the exhibit.
• Assuring the summative evaluation of the exhibition
• Developing promotional and marketing material in collaboration with communications staff
• Writing and submitting reports
• Proven project management experience
• Strong computer skills and experience managing website content, working knowledge of CMS
• Experience in producing exhibitions and/or digital projects (mobile application, website, etc)
• Master in museum studies or cultural project management, or pertinent experience
• Experience in conducting evaluation and knowledge of evaluation methodologies and analysis
• Bilingual. Strong writing skills in French and English
• Experience in promotion and marketing an asset
• Knowledge of Holocaust history, WW II, and/or Canadian immigration an asset
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Critical thinking and analytical skills
Terms: Part-time contract (17.5 hours per week), from May 2017 to November 2017.
Please send your CV with a cover letter before April 17 2017 to email@example.com. Please indicate “Job Posting: Virtual Exhibition Production Manager” as the subject of your email.
Montreal Holocaust Museum
5151, chemin de la Côte-Ste-Catherine
Montréal (Québec) H3W 1M6 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, only those applicants granted an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.