CKUT is hiring a Volunteer Coordinator
15 hours per week 16 weeks summer semester
Hundreds of new students and members volunteer at CKUT each year. The Volunteer Coordinator will assist in the intake and training of new volunteers at the station. They will work closely with the other CKUT Department Coordinators to provide regular tours of the station, handle logistics for training sessions and intake, process data, send two monthly newsletters, and communicate with new volunteers. Please note: the Volunteer Coordinator will be required to perform their hours onsite. Candidates must qualify for Canada Summer Jobs
- Coordinate volunteer intake
- Conduct tours of the station
- Schedule and help lead information sessions for new volunteers.
- Enter new volunteers into our membership database.
- Coordinate volunteer training sessions by booking workshop leaders, reserving studios, coordinating food, etc.
- Help new volunteers integrate into the various station departments.
- Promote volunteer opportunities and help recruit volunteers for various station initiatives (i.e. events and benefits, CKUT’s annual Funding Drive, etc.)
- Send out regular volunteer newsletters.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a friendly, welcoming attitude.
- Enjoys working with diversity of people.
- Great communication skills (written and spoken English required; strong French )
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Familiarity with Excel spreadsheet.
- Previous workshop facilitation experience.
- Familiarity with Radio CKUT or alternative media
To be eligible for Canada Summer Jobs, participants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
IMPORTANT: International students are not eligible participants. International students include anyone who is temporarily in Canada for studies and who is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
Deadline to submit CVs is Monday May 20th 2019. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org