The Face A Face Listening and Intervention Center offers active listening and intervention, and collaborative support to vulnerable and isolated individuals, on the telephone and in person, to encourage the process of empowerment and social reintegration. We aspire to strengthen the interconnectedness of people in our community through acceptance, action and equitable practices.
Face à Face is currently in the process of hiring a new volunteer coordinator. Face a Face is looking for a dynamic individual that would like to meet and work with the many dedicated volunteers that help run the Face a Face operations.
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (i.e., e-mail, social media, volunteer fairs, etc.)
- Provide the volunteers with training in active listening and intervention.
- Update the volunteer schedule for each session.
- Keep track of volunteer absences, late, replacements, etc.
- Supervise the volunteers to ensure they are providing the appropriate services to clients.
- Take care of client complaints.
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied or if they have feedback.
- Write volunteer reference letters.
- Ensure the purpose of the organization and its actions is clearly communicated.
- Keep and collect accurate statistics to be used for the Annual Report.
- Coordinate with the Face à Face accountant in relation to volunteer hours.
- Complete interventions and one-on-one work with clients.
- Help run the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- DEC or bachelor’s in social service work, social work or human relations, or a related discipline or work experience.
- Must be bilingual.
- Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities.
- Able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Experience in intervention and crisis intervention an asset.
- Full time position (35hrs/week)
- To start as soon as possible!
If you are interested in the position, please send your cv and cover letter to Holly Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be received by Holly Ann.
We thank all candidates for their submissions; however, we will only contact those we select for an interview.