About CHIP (Communicaid for Hearing Impaired Persons)
CHIP is the only non-profit charity serving the anglophone community affected by hearing loss in Montreal for over 35 years. Our mission is to provide continuing programs, services and support to people affected by hearing loss. Our vision is a community where we can hear, be heard and thrive.
Job Type: Contract, Summer Job
Schedule: 9 AM to 5 PM from Monday to Friday, total of 35 hours per week
Location: 7000 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal, QC H4B 1R3, Canada
Salary: $13.50 /hour
Job start date: July 1st, 2019
Phone number: (514) 488-5552 Ext:4500
- Planning and creating communications campaigns (press releases, sharing information with membership, fundraising, social media, etc.)
- Website maintenance (WordPress & Nationbuilder)
- Planning evidence-based communication strategies for Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Innovating ways to optimize donations through our various channels (Facebook, website, mass electronic mailing) based on the results of her research.
- Supporting the Program Coordinator with human resource management, specifically recruiting and supervising volunteers.
- Educational background in communications, marketing, public relations and / or data and information systems administrations
- Fluent in English and ability to converse in French
- Strong Leadership, teamwork and communication skills.
- Eligible for Canada Summer Jobs (Canadian citizen or permanent resident age 30 or under)
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Experience with people with disabilities, specifically hearing loss
- Experience with non-profit organizations
Please submit your CV in English and a cover letter or paragraph of introduction explaining how you meet the requirements and assets for this job to email@example.com by May 14th. Applicants who do not follow these instructions will not be considered.