The Yellow Door is an intergenerational organization running programs and activities to bring youth and the elderly together to promotemental and physical health and preventurban social isolation amongst all ages.
Under the supervision of the Wellness GroupCoordinator,the Program Assistant will be responsible for assisting with allcertainof the Wellness Group program, including, but not limited to:
- working with the program coordinator and YD volunteers to help coordinate and facilitate all weekly wellness groups (virtually and in person) including knitting, art, senior community hour, book/film group.
- developing and implementing creative ideas for unique and engaging activities for community activities.
- assisting with creating and executing a plan to increase participation in virtual activities.
- assisting with the collection of program data through participant surveys
- assisting with the outreach in order to maintain/increase participation at events/activities,
- assisting with communications w members, volunteers, participants, other orgs.
- posting to social media and updating website calendar
- playing a key role organizing any special events, including volunteer appreciation
- helping with the YD cultural roulant for isolated senior members at home, as needed.
- attending staff meetings, maintaining regular communication with program coordinators
- CEGEP diploma or undergrad degree in related discipline (eg gerontology, social service, etc.)
- must be highly organized, able to work independently, creative and resourceful
- experience in volunteer management or managerial experience, and experience working with
- seniors and/or outreach services for vulnerable populations, an asset
- experience running community group or cultural activities, an asset
- fluent spoken and written french and english is essential
- fluent understanding of the windows environment
This position is funded through a one-time grant for a 38-week contract at $17.50 per hour for 15 hours/week (includes 2 weeks paid vacation, personal days and flex time.
Applications without cover letters will not be considered