Community sector workers, volunteers and Board members often need to chat with someone outside of their organization about emerging issues they are facing. COCo staff are happy to have short conversations about a wide variety of nonprofit topics to help you and your organization move forward.
Information sessions take place by phone, email or in person. If you would like to chat in person, please make an appointment with us first.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before getting in touch, it might be worth your time to read through our frequently asked questions.
In addition, if your question is about your legal obligations, take a look first at our legal information worksheets, here.
Lastly, take a look through our online toolbox for a wide variety of resources for nonprofit organizations.
“CoCo is a great resource to us, and I presume other non-profits. Thanks for being there.” —Ami Québec
Here are some examples of the kinds of things we can help you with. Our information sessions usually last 20 minutes to an hour and are meant to deal with smaller, or short term issues, in nonprofit organizations. If you aren’t sure if yours is a fit, call us anyway!
- Are you looking for information about increasing your fundraising efforts?
- COCo provides to our members an online fundraising database that can help you identify prospective funding sources for your organization. Make an appointment with us and learn more here.
- Are you organizing your Annual General Meeting aren’t sure about your legal obligations?
- Are you unclear about a legal responsibility of your Board of Directors?
- Are you unsure whether you have the right to be paid overtime?
- Are you building your bylaws and aren’t sure where to start?
- Are you considering incorporating as a nonprofit organization?
Please note that COCo only provides legal information and not legal advice. If your situation is more complicated, we will refer you to legal clinics or to lawyers.
- Are you wondering about best practices in staff evaluation?
- Are you unsure how to move forward with a conflict between your staff members?
- Are you looking to compare your HR policies to others?
Communications and Technology
- Are you looking for a template for a social media policy?
- Are you unsure where to start in considering a new website or database solution for your organization?