Like most of you, we have been on a fast learning curve about online facilitation, both for our own team and when working with groups. We thought we would share our favourite resources about online meetings – there are a lot out there, and they are not all made equal!
Resources About Online Meetings
- The TESA collective has tools specific to training events
- Probably our favourite resource yet is a document called Leading Groups Online. It’s great!
- A list of online warm-ups and energizers
- A list of virtual icebreakers
- This guide to making meetings engaging
- CDEAF has put out this basic video about accessibility in online facilitation (in French) and another one about
- This website is amazing and dedicated to people building and mobilizing online communities
Training About Online Facilitation
- InwardBound (INBO), owned by one of COCo’s affiliates, has been giving great training on online facilitation – we’ve been using their expertise a lot ourselves! Jess has been giving regular training on online facilitation, at a low cost!
- Dynamo is offering training, coaching and support to Centraide groups including on topics like mobilizing your team from afar
Tools for your Online Facilitation
Here are some great tools we have been using during our own facilitations that you might enjoy:
- Mural – a very fancy online whiteboard tool
- Mentimeter – allows participants to enter answers to questions which show up as word clouds
- Group Map – visually map out decisions and discussion
We hope this is helpful! Let us know which tools you love.
Major thanks to Jess Malz, Nadia Cheney and Emil Briones for their expertise and support in creating this list!