Our Annual General Meeting
As you know, COCo was planning to host our Annual General Meeting and 20th anniversary party next week- and you told us you’d be coming! Well, there’s been a change of plans!
Our Annual General Meeting will now take place on March 30th, from 2-4pm, online.
This is one week later than originally planned, during the daytime instead of the evening.
Our AGM Will be Online
We’ll be using Zoom. We recommend using a computer to join this AGM (with headphones, and ideally a microphone/camera) as we will be using visual aids. If you can’t use headphones or speakers with your computer, you can alternatively use your phone to connect to the audio.
Register to Join Us
You can register at this link. Once you’re registered, we will send you instructions about how to use the technology (Zoom) and supporting documents.
As previously stated, we will be:
- Talking about our accomplishments in 2019
- Electing one board member
- Approving our financial statements
- Making some bylaw changes
If we have time, we’ll also share whatever we’ve learned about online decision making with members- a situation you might also find yourselves in as COVID-19 continues!
Only groups who have signed-up to be COCo members (as of 15 days before the AGM) may vote at our AGM; everyone else can participate without voting. Save time by signing–up online here: https://coco-net.org/join. We will confirm with you in advance whether you are a member.
ORIGINAL MESSAGE ——
This year will mark 20 years of COCo, and our AGM is the time we have chosen to celebrate our birthday: with you, our members and community.
What to Expect
We are doing something a bit different this year (inspired from organizations like this one, although not quite so ambitious) – we are going to make our AGM “short and sweet”, so we can move on to talking, exchanging, connecting with each other, and celebrating 20 years of accomplishments.
- Highlights and key impacts and learnings from 2019!
- We have one Board seat up for re-election. The Board member who has that seat currently plans to re-run for the position. However, if you also want to run- let us know! You can email email@example.com for more information on this. Board members need to apply by March 15th.
- We have a couple of bylaws changes we want to make. In brief, we want to change our membership renewal process, and make the language gender inclusive in both languages.
- As usual, approving our financial statements.
Then, it is time to party!
(But first – don’t forget to register).
- March 23rd, 2019, at Santropol Roulant (111 Rue Roy E, Montréal, QC H2W 1M1) at 5:30pm
- You are welcome to bring your kids
- The venue is wheelchair accessible and has gender neutral bathrooms
- If you would like ASL interpretation, please let us know by March 9th; you can do so in the registration form or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Register here
Are you a member?
COCo’s membership is available to individuals and to organizations, so there is really no excuse! If you are about our mission- this is a way to show it!