Who We Are:
The Centre for Community Organizations (COCo) promotes social justice, active citizenship, democracy, and just socio-economic development in Quebec by supporting the growth of healthy organizations and strong communities. COCo is a provincial, non-profit organization that works primarily with English-speaking, bilingual, and ethno-cultural community organizations. COCo works within a collaborative structure where all team members are responsible for a variety of tasks.
COCo is seeking a freelance graphic designer to work on a variety of graphic design projects over the next 2 years. The starting wage is $29.29/hour, negotiable depending on experience. In the first year, we estimate offering $2,000-$3,000 worth of work. The designer must be able to meet at least once with the COCo team to review the organization’s needs and vision, but can otherwise work remotely. COCo offers a flexible, creative and community focused work environment.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Meet with COCo team to understand organizational objectives, branding and needs
- Redesign key COCo facilitation tools (minimum 15 tools over 2 years)
- Design COCo Annual Reports
- Design new COCo resource sheets and tools
- Be available for other projects on request
Required Skills and Assets
- Minimum 2 years experience in graphic design
- Interest in the community sector and social justice issues
- Expertise in using Adobe Suite
- Experience with web (social media, WordPress, etc)
- Experience in print (Cards, Annual Reports, Resource Sheets, etc)
- Experience with branding
- Experience or understanding of designing educational tools
- Experience or understanding of accessibility principles in web and print design (E.g. screen reader access, type for dyslexia, etc)
- Able to collaborate and work in a team in a non-traditional work environment
- Ability to manage projects independently, take initiative and finish projects on schedule
To Apply, please forward:
- Your Portfolio
- A cover letter or statement addressing the desired skills and assets described above (in French or English)
As an organization that works to facilitate social change and the empowerment of diverse communities, COCo recognizes that living under marginalization and oppression often brings both challenges and valuable skills and perspectives. People of color, people with disabilities, women, Two-Spirited, queer people, trans* people, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply and to self-identify in the application. We are committed to creating an organization as diverse as the communities we serve.
Deadline for applications: please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday, February 7th, 2016. While we thank you for your applications, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.