COCo is looking for a Community Technology and Web Development Intern under the Young Intern program, coordinated by Communautique.
COCo is hiring a Community Technology and Web Development Intern. This is a 6 month position at 30 hours/week, starting October 2016 and ending March 2017. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required. Salary: $19.91/hour, with the benefits of working in a flexible, creative, non-traditional work environment. COCo will provide training and support to develop the skills and capacity of the intern in ICT.
Industry Canada Selection Criteria:
The candidate must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the time of application
- have taken or be currently taking courses at the post-secondary level
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person having the status of refugee in Canada and have the right to work in Canada; and
- not receive EI benefits while participating in the internship
- not have already participated in a past Young Intern program.
As an organization that works to facilitate social change and the empowerment of diverse communities, COCo recognizes that living under marginalization and oppression often brings both challenges and valuable skills and perspectives. People of color, people with disabilities, women, Two-Spirited, queer people, trans* people, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply and to self-identify in the application. We are committed to creating an organization as diverse as the communities we serve.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Working in a collaborative team environment, the Commun-IT Community Technology and Web Development intern is tasked with:
- Assisting in the coordination of Commun-IT contracts:
- Developing, researching and assessing ICT services and tools
- Work with other Commun-IT staff to provide ICT services in web development to non-profit organizations with a community-based approach
For more information, please view the complete job posting.