Project 10 Seeks Board Members
*Want to help support LGBTTIQQ youth and have a few hours a week to spare?
*Interested in learning more about how community organizations work?
*Want to gain skills in financial literacy, organizational and policy development, labour practices and strategic planning?
*Want to be part of decision-making that contributes to how P10 functions?
*Interested in or have experience in fundraising?
Then join our Board of Directors!
Project 10 works to promote the personal, social, sexual and mental well being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, two-spirit, intersexed and questioning youth and adults 14-25.
Through advocacy and education, using a harm reduction approach, Project 10 aims to facilitate the empowerment of youth at individual, community, and institutional levels with a particular emphasis on supporting individuals and groups who experience multiple and intersecting oppressions.
Services are free of charge, confidential and anonymous, and are offered in English and French.
In order to sit on the P10 Board, you must:
- Have 3-5 hours a week to give to Board duties and meetings
- Attend Board and Committee meetings
- Be willing to occasionally support Project 10 on other levels, such as volunteering at events
- Have an enthusiasm for fundraising
- Be in accordance with our Mission
- Contact us to fill out a short written application
Assets for potential Board Members include:
- Financial literacy
- Experience with organizational and policy development
- Knowledge around Québec labour laws
- Experience working in a non-hierarchical structure
- Experience or interest in strategic planning
If you are interested in running for the Board at our AGM, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 514.989.0001 to access our short application. You must fill out this application to submit your candidacy for Board elections at the AGM. All eligible candidates will be expected to attend the AGM and give a short 2-3 minute presentation detailing why they want to join the Board and what skills they will bring to Project 10. We hope to hear from you soon!