Are you interested in exploring how new cloud computing tools might help you better manage your information and communications? Are you looking for a framework to help you assess which new tools might be best for you?
If so, you may be interested in attending an upcoming Introduction to Innoweave Cloud Computing workshop, hosted in partnership between Innoweave and the Centre for Community Organizations on November 10th in Montreal.
The workshop is designed to help leadership teams of 3-4 (including key IT staff and board members) of community organizations to:
- Clarify the goals and requirements of their information technology systems
- Analyze the benefits and risks of moving some or all of their organization’s technology infrastructure to cloud cloud computing;
- Apply a proven methodology for identifying challenge areas, surfacing ideas on how to address them, and evaluating technology solutions against the selection criteria that they develop;
- Estimate the total cost of ownership for implementing a cloud-based or hybrid technology approach and conduct a zero-based budgeting exercise to distinguish between essential and nonessential activities supported by the IT budget; and
- Design a technology strategy that aligns with their organization’s mission, culture, and available resources.
The Innoweave Cloud Computing workshop builds on the Innoweave Introduction to Cloud Computing webinar. You are encouraged to view this webinar online prior to submitting your application to the workshop.
Please note that this workshop will be conducted in English and French.
When: November 10th, 2014, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Where: Centre St-Pierre, 1212 Rue Panet, Montreal, QC
Deadline: Applications are due by Friday, October 24th, 2014. Space is limited. Successful applicants will be notified by email.
To learn more and apply for this workshop, please click here. Only one application form per team is required.
Participating organizations will also be eligible to apply for a small implementation grant in January 2015 to engage a coach to help them with development following the workshop. To learn more about Innoweave Implementation Grants, click here.
You can apply for an Innoweave Implementation Grant for Cloud Computing to work with COCo’s Commun-IT Coordinators and Cloud Computing Coaches, Spencer, Gabriel or Parker in bringing Cloud Computing to your organization.
The Centre for Community Organizations and Innoweave Teams, and collaborator and Innoweave Coach Marc Ouimet.