COCo is a provincial non-profit that works to nurture an inclusive, social-justice oriented Quebec community sector where grassroots organizations can thrive because we believe that is an important part of creating a more just and equitable society overall. To this end, COCo provides training, accompaniment, and technological support to small, ground-up, social justice -focused organizations. We also use research and other sector development initiatives to steward dialogue and progress on issues of inclusion and diversity in the Quebec non-profit sector.
Become a Board member at COCo means becoming a part of a community that is trying to build relationships and strength with organizations and movements for social change, and who understand that learning and growth are key to the health of the Quebec community sector.
We have one spot to fill on our Board of Directors. We’re especially looking for people who have experience in any of the following areas:
- Familiarity with anti-oppression frameworks and applying these to organizational settings
- Experience related to finances and funding development;
- Experience related to policy development;
- Human resources or Organizational development / Evaluation skills;
- Connected to grassroots organizations in Quebec; coalitions and/or neighbourhood tables a plus;
- Experience working with racialized or marginalized communities
We also feel that it is a priority that COCo have increased representation from people coming from racialized & migrant communities and/or organizations on our Board of Directors, especially as this is a central focus of our mandate.
Our board application form is attached and can be downloaded and edited. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com ! Applications should be sent by March 18th, 2018.