Innovation Youth’s mission is to see youth engaged in their community and be better able to integrate into their social, family, and academic lives. We offer a high school completion program for youth between the ages of 16 and 25 years old, coupled with artistic and nutrition workshops to complement youths’ learning. Volunteers assist with the teaching of various high school courses, and offer support to youth completing their studies.
Volunteer Tasks include:
• Assisting the student in the completion of required assignments, and in comprehension of course content;
• Evaluating the student’s knowledge of the course material by providing supplemental challenging material;
• Support the student in retaining the information learnt;
• Motivating the student;
• Engaging students in their learning.
Commitment: minimum of 1 hour per week, schedule is as follows:
• Monday to Thursday, anywhere from 11am – 4pm
Contact: Nicole Glasgow, Intervention Worker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-843-3996
Language: English and/or French
Location: 1410 rue Pierce (Metro Guy-Concordia)