Objectives of the session:
1) share knowledge and learn new tools and techniques for more democratic decision-making
2) workshop obstacles previously identified with COCo’s membership
- Date: Tuesday, February 24th, 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Location: COCo offices, 3680 rue Jeanne-Mance, room #470, H2X 2K5
- Near Métro Place des Arts, or along the 80, 435 & 129 bus routes
- RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 18th of february
Background: Discussing different points of view and making decisions in any group can be tricky business, especially in community and social justice movements. Creating space for everyone’s opinion to be heard and for all to contribute to collective action is a difficult challenge for facilitators and participants alike. Within coalitions composed of stakeholders from different sectors, with different objectives and varying levels of power and expertise, it can seem almost impossible to create that space.
During our first meeting last May, we had a great first discussion about how better to address power imbalances and make coalitions more democratic. We are excited to open the first of 3 follow-up sessions to anyone with expertise to share!
If you are interested in participating, RSVP to email@example.com. Notes from our discussion in May, compiled by Shannon Franssen, can be found below.
UPDATE March 25, 2015. The workshop was a success! Here are some photos from the workshop, and am follow-up tool below: